The First 60 Days Movement
A baby is filled with possibilities. An infant is born as a beautifully undefinable and unique individual with an exceptional essence of potential to be revealed.
Each newborn is also born with a far from fully developed brain.
Research now reveals that the first two months of life have an extremely significant influence on the foundation for long-term health and overall development. This is due to how rapidly the brain is developing and how malleable it is based on either nurturing or adverse experiences during these disproportionately important early days, weeks and months.
Imagine how incredibly different our world would be if every adult realized, understood and supported the first 60 days of life for babies and their parent(s). We will then have a generation of babies that grow up to live in love.
You are invited to join us in creating needed awareness, understanding and support to contribute to making this invaluable difference that ultimately benefits every one of us.
Want to Know What The Frist 60 Days Movement is?
The primary focus is to create broad awareness of the research findings revealing the incredible importance of nurturing and regulation for mental health development in the first two months of life and secondly to directly support or advocate for those that are influencing or providing healthy development.
Join the Community by Filling Out the Form Below
Wondering about the amount of Involvement Needed?
The amount of time or commitment involved is entirely up to you! You can be involved in a way that fits you best.
You might be a supporter in sharing weekly insights, generate conversations with people you know, support new parents in your community directly, network with other members, contact media, reach out to local or national decision makers, advocate for policies, initiate a research study, invite sponsors or conduct fundraising to get The First 60 Days booklet to new or expecting parents. It ALL helps!
Want an extremely simple way to help?
The easiest way to be involved is to simply share the weekly insight.
Each week and insight is sent to all members. Everyone involved will then share that insight in the way(s) that are most convenient and/or most effective.
When multiple people share the same message throughout the week, it creates an impact.
The brain learns from repetition. When the insights is seen repeatedly, it is best remembered and learning occurs. We are contributing to making this needed understanding become common knowledge.
When you become a member:
You will receive a welcome letter, a member certificate and a First 60 Days emblem to proudly share and display and you will become part of a community of caring humans!
- Follow, learn from, share and like The First 60 Days posts on social media (Links in the icons on this page below)
- Network with other members on this list.
- Get a copy of The First 60 Days booklet
- Generate conversations about this helpful post that includes a brief clip from Dr. Bruce Perry and Oprah.
- Tell colleagues, friends, followers, policy makers, funders, employers about this information to create broader understanding
- Reply to your membership welcome email with ideas, thoughts or suggestions you have for enhancing the movement
- Encourage others to join
The benefits you receive as a member:
- Your name added on the Brain Insights website members list
- A certificate of recognition
- Newsletter updates about the movement
- An emblem of recognition as a supporter of the movement
- A Free subscription to The First 60 Days Digital Magazine The magazine is filled with research findings, tips, ideas, insights, featured resources and articles from members of the movement.
- NO COST access to webinars, discussion groups and Zoom gatherings
Just for fun check out the locations of current members on 6 continents, 10 different countries and 23 US states so far. We are just getting started! Is your state or country represented yet?
Sincerely looking forward to having you join us!
Ultimately EVERY ONE OF US Benefits!